What could a painful and red lump in armpit be? Antibiotics didn’t help. It grows each day. ?

I had a digital mammogram and ultrasound. The radiologist diagnosed me with an infected lymph node. 10 days of an antibiotic did nothing. I followed up with my on/gyn. She said it was a solid mass and not a cyst. I’m waiting on a call from a surgeon for a biopsy. Of course I’m scared to death that it could be cancer but I was hoping someone might have some insight or experience with something like this. 

Since you don't believe a medical professional why should anyone here think that you would believe them?

Hi Friend. What an awful wait for the surgeon to get back to you. Let's hope that everything is OK. The good news is that medicine is improving all the time, and catching anything nasty with a biopsy early on increases your chances of a full recovery. Good luck to you! x

Painful and red suggests infection. There are different infections and different antibiotics. Try a walk in clinic.

• LAN

Same thing it always is when you keep making new account to constantly spam the same hypochondriac rants over and over.   

You constantly prove you don't have any medical problems by never taking any of this idiocy seriously enough to see a doctor about it.

And as always reported for constant abuse of question format on multiple accounts.

Antibiotics shouldn't be used to treat inflamed lymphnodes... the problem is usually the "source" of the problem, like shaving your underarms. Remember, the lymphatic system is for the entire body, so it is more likely that you have breast cancer than the swollen lymphnode is to be cancer. Effectively, that lymphnode is a symptom of  a problem, not a problem itself. It could be shaving related (sanitize the area with alcohol) it could be any number of problems but the lymphnode is just a lymphnode... the question is why it is swollen.