Which underlying condition is worse for COVID 19? Diabetes, Obesity, or Asthma?

• Cammie

Clovid is not an underlying condition. It is an acute illness.

The others are chronic conditions.

Asthma and COPD. Not type 1 diabetes. I AM an insulin dependent  type 1 diabetic forv65.5 years and counting. I've had and survived chicken pox, red measles, viral pneumonia and ARDS, which has a 40% mortality rate      

Yes, I may be wrong. That's very interesting about vitamin D. 

Out of your list - diabetes and obesity, since The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) don't believe that Asthma puts people at greater risk of disease progression.

However, the risk factors are only a symptom of the problem, not the actual problem.  Covid progression is based on inflammation in the body.  There are ways to test for this but it's very specialized treatment is is not being done on any wide scale basis at this point.

According to Boston University research team - if you have adequate levels of vitamin D, you are 54% less likely to acquire covid.

Numerous studies have shown that people with Blood Type O has slightly less risk of Covid infection and slightly lower risk of covid disease progression.