Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Do you think it's inconsiderate for neighbors to play loud music during the daytime every weekend?

Loud enough for you to hear it in your house. I understand special occasions, but every weekend seems like a lot. Makes me wish I lived in the country where it's nice and quiet.

Favorite Answer

Of course it's inconsiderate.

Find out what the local laws are about noise levels and times of day when loud noise is permitted.Then keep a diary of your neighbours' music-playing (and any other loud noises) for maybe a month.If they're consistently violating those rules, ask your landlord or manager or whoever to have a word with them.

i think it is inconsiderate

Yes I've had problems with my neighbors playing loud music out of their garage and we've had people complain and call the cops. Not only is it inconsiderate but it's obnoxious. If a person wants to enjoy a hobby that involves loud music or riding dirt bikes, take it somewhere else. 

I had a neighbor that was riding dirt bikes up and down our street multiple times and I had to call the cops, a policeman did come down to investigate and told them to stop. This is a safety issue. Children were playing outside and two punk kids were riding their dirt bikes up and down our street.

Yes, it is But it's best to say nothing and move but make sure your new neighbors don't play music at all. If you say anything you will end up in one of those funny youtube videos Crazy Neighbors from  H*e*l*l.

Yes, I think that.

They very well may not be aware that they are bothering you. I at times

have had nice neighbors whom at times had birthday parties for young children which included loud music. We are all a Democracy which includes having the ability of having consideration for those around you.

However on the same page perhaps you could be the good person whom is also the adult in the conversation by politely and respectfully asking your given neighbor(s) if they can lower the volume of the music just a little bit. And in the very polite and equally respectful tone just inform them as to the reason why the given loud music may be interfering with your weekend rest etc. This way in most cases I grant you that your neighbors will be inclined to be considerate towards you. If you for some reason don't feel comfortable with the in person approach perhaps you can send an unsigned and respectful letter to their house. Be respectful. Just give respectful reasons why you are asking for the consideration.

I consider anything that bodaciously imposes upon others, what YOU would like to experience, to be inconsiderate and rude. What I'd like to experience should not be tainted by what my neighbor does. Sure, the loud laughs and talking and some sounds on the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day for the BBQ in the neighbor's backyard I can get over as no big deal one offs. I can get over the baby shower giggles and crowded street as a one off as well. Again, things on occasion are fine. Im not the Grinch. Yet, all things in moderation. No, having a party with 200 cars and people vomiting and walking in neighbor's yards is not okay, ever. Playing your favorite song, so loud on repeat that I now know the lyrics, no! Anything that u do in your home that alters how or if I enjoy mine, NO! 

If it’s above the Decibel level of a regular television set then it’s technically a noise violation, no matter what time it is day or night 

• ?

No that's not considerate. Report them