Alex
Alex asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

What are some good lvpo scout scopes? ?

I'm looking for 1-6 or greater powered scout scope/pistol scope. 

Looking for a 1-6 or 1-8 powered scope to put on an sks since my scope mount is located in front of the receiver. 

I dont want to drill and tap the rear receiver because it can devalue the rifle if I sell it for collectors value one day far into the future. 

And I hear the dust cover rail mount things don't hold zero when you have to take it apart to clean. 

You need a setup similar to mine.

It's an NCStar 1-6x24 scope in an offset cantilever mount. I always thought offset would refer to 45° angled optics/sights but apparently it also refers to having a scope not centered over the rings when mounted, this pushing the scope forward or back.

Source(s): I had both laying so I slapped it on RDB-C ...works well enough!

Scout scopes and pistol scopes are both long eye relief scopes, but have slightly different purposes.   Which are you specifically looking for?  A good scout scope has ~2-7x power and is generally made to be mounted forward of the receiver and has 5-6 inches increased eye relief.  Pistol scopes are lighter weight, have even longer eye relief, and generally have slightly lower power.

It would probably be helpful to identify your intended usage. 

Your best approach is to checkout some of the common sellers of scopes (e.g., optics planet, midwayusa, amazon, etc.) see what the offer, check the reviews, and narrow your choices.  Fell out your research with any online specific online reviews.  As always when evaluating reviews, remember your the context.

Weapons are going to be banned December 1st. 

Weapons as are very dangerous and will be banned on December 1st. Seizing will be December 2nd-23rd. All before Christmas!

• Matt

Budget - Vortex Strike Eagle. Mid Teir  - Vortex Viper. High end - Vortex Razor HD

If you're looking for an economy based lpvo look no further than vortex crossfire 2 scout in 2-7x32.