Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Why do people want my number now?

So I’ve recently helped a coworker cover her two shifts and now this other girl has asked for my number in case she can’t do a shift. Then today, the first coworker asked if she can give my number to another person. Why are ppl coming up to me now?

• T J
    Favorite Answer

They are looking for a easy sucker to fill in for them. If any of them call you and ask you to cover, tell them sorry, I cannot help you. I have plans made. Do not allow them to use you.

• Foofa

You've clearly been identified as someone willing to take extra hours when others have scheduling conflicts. You can always just decline if people start abusing the privilege of asking you to cover their shifts. 

because you're easy and vulnerable. 

• P.L.

Let it be know that what you did for one colleague was a ONE-OFF.  They think that they have now found a 'mug' who will stand in for anybody who doesn't want to do the work themselves.  Just learn to say NO and, once you've said that word, adhere to it, mean it and continue saying it until they've got the message.

• Kenny

They may think you are hot .

Because you're the guy who covers shifts now.