Anonymous

What can I do if I can't get a job?

I lost my job.  I applied for dozens of jobs and so far only a couple interviews.  One decided to go with another candidate and the other was several weeks ago.  I have a small house that's paid for and live in a small town.  The few jobs that are hiring only pay $10/hr. and are a least 30 miles from me.  The expenses of going to work would likely be more than I make.  I was turned down flat for several of those jobs because I'm too far away.

They told me if I'm really really lucky and can work a flexible schedule, I might be able to get a part-time job at Dollar General.   I tried for that job out of desperation, but haven't heard anything back yet.  

I have 10 years until I turn 62.  I'm worried without an income I won't be able to pay bills, so I'll sit in my cold dark house and starve -- that's if I'm lucky enough not to have to live in the street.  I can't get unemployment.  I've about used up my savings and was forced to draw out my retirement funds to keep my head above water. 

It's horrible to get forced to take an early retirement at 62 because you can no longer get a job but what else could I do?

Consider selling your home and moving, it sounds like that is about the only option you have really.