Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

What does lower word limit of 3500 and upper word limit of 4000 words mean?

I have to write an essay for university and the instructions read that the word limit should be followed. However, it states that the lower word limit is 3500 words and the upper word limit is 4000 words. What does that mean?

Does it mean that I either choose to write up to 3500 words and not exceed that or write up to 4000 words and not exceed the word limit?

Favorite Answer

This means you can not have any less than 3500 words and no more than 4000. Use a program like microsoft word or something similar that will keep a running word count for you so you can make sure you are within the boundaries set, 

• MS

It means that your essay must contain between 3500 and 4000 words - no less than 3500 and no more than 4000.

And that is why MATH is required in school. Math trains the brain. Between 3500 and 4000 words !!

Hard to believe that you're a university student! It means you must write at least 3500 words and no more than 4000 words. Now, I don't believe in giving word limits myself, because then students just start adding in random words to reach the limit, but your professor has been clear that your essay must be between 3500 and 4000 words.