Moving from Scotland to England?

In Scotland, I’m in fifth year, meaning that I’ve only got one more year then I’m off to university. I’m doing my highers which is 4 highers and 1 national 5. In England the school system is different as you have to either go sixth form or college after year 11. However, I don’t want to spend another year in school. What should I do?

Without A-levels or vocational/occupational training beyond GCSEs (old O-levels), you have nothing to offer employers. So what do you think you're going to do with yourself without proper education & training when there's a worldwide labor glut of a billion adults already, and another billion on-track to enter the world's workforces within the decade? You like the idea of being a bum, unable to support yourself, stuck in a boring & nasty dead-end job if you can even get that? Note burger-flippers are already obsolete, being replaced by computer-controlled robotic systems which takes the order, cooks the burgers to customer specifications & delivers it!

Moving to England to get out of school is a future-killer.

If the rest of your family has already moved to England, you will not qualify for the tax-payer funded tuition in Scotland.  Scottish undergraduate degrees take 4 years and English/Welsh degrees 3 years .  As, either way, you will be paying tuition, attending an English or Welsh university means one extra year of tax-payer funded schooling and one fewer year of student loans.   What is not to like? 

• Tavy

Who is going to pay for your accommodation, food, travel?  If you are at school in England you will have to pay for tuition in a Scottish Uni, if you stay there then it is free.

I can’t stay in Scotland, my whole family is already in England. 

• Matt

Stay in Scotland. University is free in Scotland but not in England