as asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Does my boyfriend have short term memory or something?

So my boyfriend can easily forget anything, I’ll tell him something and a week later he’ll forget and can’t remember it like it never existed, like for example I was talking about how we met 4 months ago, and I was able to say exactly every detail, what we both wore, what colors, the exact things he told me everything to the exact detail . And he said he didn’t remember any of that other then us meeting and that was it, he said it’s not personal but he just is able to “store” more important memories such as (Work,Business)  but not any memory he will forget and is able to not remember it. But meanwhile I can remember any moment in my past along with exact details and whereabouts.  Am I just sentimental enough to  to keep/store every memory I experience or is does he just not care enough to remember? 

• R R

I forget things pretty quickly too, not new on boyfriends.

• Yoda

Everyone's minds work as they work; therefore, think less about why or how it works and more about how to adapt to how things are.

I had a friend in university who remembers everything I said when I was drunk at the pub aged 18. If I want a laugh at my own expense, all I have to do is pick up the phone and ask him.

Regarding your bf's memory, he can learn mnemonic techniques to over-come his memory issues; however, is there an end user benefit? Cost benefit analysis might reveal that his job and purpose in life doesn't require a hefty memory, and he might benefit from working on other aspects. Remember, these days, plenty of apps exist to help you remember things.

• donnie

He could have a memory problem. Sometimes though some people don’t remember as well as others. I’m sure you have things that annoy people like the rest of us. I am the same way sometimes I wonder “how could you forget that I remember that like it’a yesterday. But you’re going to have to learn to be patient with people. Now it’s true that maybe he doesn’t care. I’m sure there are things that you don’t  really care about it doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you because he doesn’t care about something. There is plenty of **** I don’t care about it doesn’t mean I don’t love a person I assume you’re the same way. Different peoples minds work differently. Sometimes it’s hard to understand other people even people you’re closest to because well... they don’t have the same brain. There are days where I wish people thought like me for sure but really if that was true the world wouldn’t really work. Some people are more artistic, memory, mathematic, etc. Just learn some patients it really helps me when people are really pissing me off. Unless they are a total willful idiot then I’m just gonna get pissed off.