Did my cousin live a useless life?

She was 20 when she left her family and lives in the U.S. alone with no family. She worked to support herself and always lived in other people's houses, and never got a place of her own. She attended college but never graduated. She went partying and drinking every night and had so many boyfriends. She was 28 when she met a man and got pregnant and she now has 2 kids and is married and is living in a half-million-dollar house. Was that lifestyle really worth it in the end?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

‘Useless’ is almost always a dumb term my friend zxjqkcgh

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

she seems to be doing just fine, since she's living in million dollar house.

• 2 months ago

What business is it of yours? Does her life affect yours? No, it does not. You're entitled to your own opinion, but being this drawn to the subject is odd. She's probably happy now, so be content with that and focus on your own life.

• 2 months ago

I think you are being very judgemental. You are not in her shoes, and you have no idea whether her life is meaningful to her, or not.  Best to focus instead on your own life and to respect whatever choices she has made in hers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If she is happy, she probably did fairly well.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is HER LIFE (NOT YOURS TO JUDGE).  There is no instruction manual for living. We all go on blindly forward and if we be lucky, we win a Trillion dollars and do not know what to do with it.(the rich have their own problems)

You sound Jealous.  I would not or could not CARE about my cousins twice removed and once buried and once exhumed and is now forever on display in a museum...as a GOD.

That was those days with that person.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Without knowing what kind of life she could have lived in her home country it's hard to say if she sacrificed anything to have what is just the very standard US middle class life. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What other people choose to do with their life is not my business or yours. I could not care less. I personally do think it is important for all males and females to have some qualifications, work, save their money, have their own house, travel and enjoy life/being young. Marriage and children is a lot of responsibility. Its best nowadays to marry & have kids in your 30s. We all make mistakes in life, its how we learn & grow. But of course there are some mistakes bigger than others and can cost you. Luckily she's never been in prison, lost huge chunks of cash or has multiple kids by multiple different men....her life could be worse...what MATTERS is that she is happy. 

What that lifestyle worth it in the end..when you are young...nothing wrong with dating, drinking, smoking, partying, trying some soft drugs..probably not best if you do it ALL the time but if you can control yourself and have other parts of your life sorted out (education, career, house, savings, family, social life) then does not matter. People usually get bored of all this and stop it. It's fine. Nothing wrong with that. Don't get addicted to hard drugs or become an alcoholic..and don't sleep with no more than 10 people. 

• 2 months ago

If SHE is happy, that's all that matters.  Who the F are you to dare to judge her life?  You haven't lived it.  Maybe it's been exactly as she wants.  You're also inconsistent: 1st you say she "lives ... alone with no family."  Then, "She now has 2 kids & is married."  That sure describes a family to us.  Are you stupid?  Envious?  Both?     

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What's wrong with that lifestyle? Does everyone have to follow your example? This question is useless...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.