?
? asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

POLL: What is a new food / candy that you tried recently?

Did you like it? I'm about to try a Kinder Joy Egg for the first time (it comes with a toy). 

.

Bonus Question: Can you see my Kinder Egg & toy in 3D? Relax your eyes and stare at the photo until you can see 3 of the photos. The one in the middle will appear in 3D.

I forgot to say that this is a stereogram. I tried the candy, and it's okay (too sweet for me). You don't get much candy for the price, though.

OR...what do you want to try soon? 

To see the photo in 3D, look at it like a Magic Eye stereogram. It takes practice, though, to view 3D.

Favorite Answer

Oh Yes, Cat......my sister,  God bless her soul.......still sends me care packages from the states,  always filled with the latest and greatest  weirdness from the States.....along with my favorites. 

Her last box contained  rare, limited Edition  "Apple Pie"  Kit Kats,   Banana Bread English Muffins..... Pumpkin Spice English Muffins.....and several latest version of various cereals,    like Fruity Pebbles, with Marshmallows now!

She also sent a box of  "Fruit Loop" Flavored  Pop Tarts....and a bag of Tootsie Pops,  that now contain the NEW  Mystery flavor!    (It's Lemon!) 

(in a yellow wrapper.......a duh....some mystery, eh? ) 

She sends these huge boxes  that cost more to MAIL then the contents are worth.........but always a great pleasure to receive them. 

In the past, she also keeps me well supplied with Various new flavors  of Twinkies, and sends my favorite Drakes  Cakes,   all these things, you just can't get in Italy. 

She's a gem, and her sainthood is assured !

Ohhhhh,  and regarding the Kinder Eggs.......I use to send them to my family for all the nieces and nephews for YEARS.........not knowing they are actually  ILLEGAL in the United States!   Who knew?    Apparently the FDA has them listed as choking hazards,  because of the small toys and all the pieces. 

No idea why they finally approved the JOY  cream-type eggs,  which contain the same toys and choke hazards. 

The regular Kinder Eggs, are a chocolate egg shape and when you bust them open, there's a plastic egg shell inside, that contains a toy. 

and yes, the milk chocolate is rather sweet and not that great really,   but here in Italy......there are *serious* collectors of the toys, ........that pay good money for certain ones. 

In fact, in the older days,  there use to be little METAL toys,  which are highly prized and collectible.......but I haven't seen a metal toy in years now........now it's all plastic crap..... so the collecting thing kinda died off.........but the older toys are still highly sought after. 

• denise

Chocolate covered pretzels 'Flips', they are so 'moreish'. 

• Mrs H

I tried a little of a Kinder Joy Egg too. I agree with you, too sweet 

I'm pretty stuck in my ways with candy,  Hershey's Kisses,  Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins/Trees/Eggs and Mr Goobars 

No the only thing showing for me is two pictures 

Not entirely "new" to me, but I recently tried Mike & Ikes after not having them for thirty years. They weren't my favorite as a kid, but now I am hooked and keep some squirreled away.

• RJ

I recently ate tempeh for the first time.  Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian soy product that is made from fermented soybeans.

I enjoyed the nut-like taste of tempeh. 

• Judy

Mott's Strawberry Applesauce, it is very good.  I also had their Mango Peach Applesauce, which is good but almost a little too sweet.

I recently tried dark chocolate covered dried pineapple, and dayum, that is NEXT LEVEL. I also tried the mango variety but not so good. Kinder eggs are ok, but really, the candy part is mediocre at best. 

• kswck2

Steamed octopus. There was a problem though keeping the octopus In the pot as it steamed-it kept crawling out. 

Asda Fruit Jellies - 5/10.

Yes, I can see your toy in 3D - you get close to the screen and look through the images until they merge. Very cool, cat. 😎

commercial must be placed to commercial.