Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

What shade of brown is this ?

I want to get my hair dyed the same colour I can't afford the hairdressers so I will be doing it myself at home with a box dye

What shade of brown is it? 

Is it warm or cool toned? 

• ?

It looks auburn (warm tones)

It's got a lot of red so it's obviously very warm toned. It's a warm light Auburn or reddish brown. Whether you can get that with a box dye depends on your current hair color.

If it's lighter than the end result and undyed and unbleached virgin hair you should get close to the picture. Pick a dye shade slightly lighter because box dyes always end up darker than the picture on the box. https://www.garnierusa.com/about-our-brands/hair-c... is close to your picture. Garnier has some good advice and you can virtually try the color on and it offers a color selection tool. 

If your natural hair is darker than the Auburn you want then you will need to lift some color before dyeing. A bleach bath should bring it down two or three levels and again use a lighter shade than you think you want. One warning: dark dyes can stain watched hair. You might be stuck with reddish toned hair for a very long time. 

If your hair is dyed darker than the Auburn then you really do need to visit a pro. Box dye doesn't lift previously applied dye and some dyes can't be bleached away. 

If you are set on doing it at home fire up google and start searching how to lighten and re-dye previously dyed hair. Some hair color sites have advice on products to.use to lift old color and give the new color you want. It's not for beginners and you could end up with seriously damaged hair. Also if you don't know the difference between lifting and depositing dyes and the difference between color levels and color shades then search that out, too. It's easy to.find and understand and with lockdowns and such there's a lot of home hair care and hair cutti g and hair coloring information out there.

It looks like a reddish brown with warm tones.

• ?

It looks more auburn than brown.

Source(s): The same colour I had during the 1980's.