annon asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Room mate inconsistent behaviour ?

I’m reaching the end of my tether with the way my flatmate is treating me. When we’re in the flat together everything is normal, she went away for one month to a placement and all of a sudden she went from my close friend to not saying a word to me the whole time. I gave it a week or two just to ensure I wasn’t being paranoid, but this went on the entire month and I found myself getting angry and upset that she wouldn’t think to contact me in that time, considering I’d agreed to pair with her all year above other people. It then turned into a case of every time she’s away the weekend she goes from 100 to 0 and I hear nothing. It’s such confusing behaviour considering she acts the polar opposite when here. Other strange things have happened for example if a couple other people want to invite us to dinner at theirs she’ll ***** about one of them or express her severe disinterest in it, I’ll leave the flat to go about my day then find on my phone she’s enthusiastically posted on the group chat asking for us all to do dinner. It’s really inconsistent and confusing behaviour. The latest has been I’m having two weeks at home as my mental health has spiralled with all of this and the isolation and inconsistency + pressures of my uni course and lack of availability of other places to move to during lockdown. I told her the doctor had signed me off today and that I’d been feeling suicidal, she ignored these messages but spent the day posting on the group chat. 

She sounds immature.  Just because you live in the same flat does not, automatically, mean that you do all other things together.  Find other friends, do other things and be an individual if that's what you want.

Surprise !!!!   It isn't all about you - you aren't special - no one cares.  Shut up.