Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Why do I get so annoyed of people?

I think I would like someone at first and then after knowing them, I hate them..like can’t stand them, annoyed, gotta get out. Why am I like this? Is it ok to be single because I don’t like people?

• Hayley

It is more than okay to remain single if you do not like people. 

Open up to them and tell them what you don't like.

Cuz people can be so darned annoying

I tend to be the same way. You are not alone. I get sick of people very easily. I am introverted and I have to have lots of time alone to be happy. My social "battery" gets drained very quickly. I feel bad because I love the people in my life, but I just have to have lots of time alone 

Could possibly be some bipolar mixed with the autism zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

The reason why you get annoyed at people is that you are frustrated and insecure with your personal needs and wants in life. You have unrealistic expectations from people in your life. 

Focus on your own goals in life rather than waste time complaining about things you cannot control. 

You sound like an abusive spouse and potentially a domestically violent one.  You should probably talk to a therapist about that.

Maybe you find out they are no good.

Keep trying.You will find a close friend.

Being single because you don't like people is not OK.

Start by taking better care of yourself. Eat properly and exercise. When you are feeling good yourself, you are better prepared to get along with others. We all have baggage and habits that others may not like, but you are the one who needs to make the effort and give people a chance. 

Making positive connections with people is essential for your happiness. Along the way you will be introduced to or come across a significant other to spend more of your time with.

Don't give up. Your happiness depends on it.

• Yoda

So many possible reasons for this.

Simple ones first:

This is potentially because you're over-critical and under-value people for their positive points.Daniel Kahneman (Nobel prize winning psychologist) showed that people will only find positives as enticing as an equal scoring negative factor if the positive factor is around twice as enticing objectively as a negative factor is off-putting. 

This means that if the risks are equal to the benefits, people tend to stick with what they've got, rather than risk change. Many people prefer to remain living their single life than take a risk because they can't see double the benefits by having a partner.

Second:

Maybe your behaviour is bringing out the annoying behaviour in your date. See: How to succeed with Men (or Women) --- David Copeland & Ron Louis.

Another possible reason:

Our education in thinking skills is dis-balanced towards critical thinking; whereas, other modes of thinking are left undeveloped during our school years. Check out research by Edward De Bono concerning the other aspects of thinking. It's possible you just aren't looking at the positives enough to appreciate what a person offers.

Let's look at the probability of meeting a suitable partner:

Maybe you haven't dated enough, and have merely not yet accrued a large enough sample size for you to meet someone most suited to you.There are supposedly 16 personality types, and a few of them are quite rare (5% of the population only). For instance, the INFJ type: these people find the majority personality types infuriating. 

There maybe also aspects of your personality which make you incompatible with a large number of people, meaning that you might need to date a lot more before you find someone compatible.

Let's say another source of incompatibility is intelligence: you might be highly intelligent, and therefore, you could conceivably be in the top 5%, and find the majority of people you meet relatively stupid to varying degrees. Again, this means that you have to widen the net and sample a much greater number of possibilities.

If you have a rare personality type and are highly intelligent, then you might never find the right person unless you alter your strategy and be prepared to actively seek out people in large numbers.

To help you objectively rate people when dating a large number of folk, you can utilize two methods:

1) Gut feeling (just rank out of 10 in terms of how you feel about spending time with that person). This is just to compare against the below.

2) Conjoint analysis.

Conjoint analysis is a marketing tool to measure what customers value in a product. It can be adapted to rank anything including people.

First you need attributes:

1) List all attributes of human character that you can think of

2) Split the list into two separate lists: positive traits and negative traits.

3) Sort those lists by how important the factors are (most significant on top, least below).

4) Add a weighting factor to each attribute (indicating how key that attribute is in terms of value in comparison with other traits.

For instance:

Let's say you have 5 traits

You order them thusTrait 2

Trait 4

Trait 5

Trait 3

Trait 1

Now, you think that out of ten, trait 2 is super important, so you weight it a 9.

You think that trait 1 is superficial, so you rate it a 1.

Trait 2 (9)

Trait 4 (8)

Trait 5 (6)

Trait 3 (2)

Trait 1 (1)

Now, you score each individual out of 10 for each trait

E.g., Trisha:

Trait 2 = 4

Trait 4 = 5

Trait 5 = 9

Trait 3 = 10

Trait 1 = 6

E.g., Joanne

Trait 2 = 7

Trait 4 = 4

Trait 5 = 7

Trait 3 = 5

Trait 1 = 9

To compare Trisha and Joanne, you mutiply by the weighting factors

E.g., Trisha:

Trait 2 = 4 * 9 = 36

Trait 4 = 5 * 8 = 40

Trait 5 = 9 * 6 = 54

Trait 3 = 10 * 2 = 20

Trait 1 = 6 * 1 = 6

Total = 156

E.g., Joanne

Trait 2 = 7 * 10 = 70

Trait 4 = 4 * 8 = 32

Trait 5 = 7 * 6 = 42

Trait 3 = 5 * 2 = 10

Trait 1 = 9 * 1 = 9

Total = 163

This is a semi objective way of perceiving match.

Anyhow, there are lots of issues people have dating other humans: you shouldn't get disheartened, just research the matter and find yourself a way forwards.