Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Should I quit college if I fail after being on academic probation?

Can I apply to another college and possibly get accepted? How soon should i apply for student loans if I apply to another college? Should I just give up all together?

I had been chasing the dream of my parents for years which has lead me to fail out of college. The degree i was chasing I hated but my parents were so proud of me. I want finally stand up for myself and chase my dream to be an early childhood educator. Is that even possible now ? 

3 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    You should probably take a break from school for a year or two. Just to let things settle down. Find a job and start saving.

    Depending on how low your GPA is, it might not be possible to transfer to another 4 year university. You might be able to go to community college for a couple years then transfer.

  • 2 months ago

    You're not getting into another university. Perhaps if you can get into your local community college & earn superior grades, you could transfer after earning your associate's degree. You knew you were having trouble, and in the wrong field for you, but you let it go too far instead of changing majors promptly. Now you have major obstacles if you ever want to pursue your own dream.

  • 2 months ago

    of course it is possible.  likely a bit expensive .. your student loans will not disappear, no matter what Joe Biden's platform says

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.