Zachary asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Does showering everyday hurt hair?

Recently over the period of having online classes I have become more dependent on taking showers to wake me up in the morning, and also sometimes at night after I have soccer practice. I have been hearing a lot that it is really bad for your hair to shower everyday and I wanted to know if this is true?

It can dry out the hair and cause split ends if you wash your hair everyday. Just cover your hair up with a shower cap when you shower.

• ?

It's only bad if you shampoo every single day. Rinsing is fine. Shampoo like twice a week because natural oils are good for healthy hair and the crap in shampoo ain't so good. 

• ?

Washing your hair every single day isn't typically good for it, but everyone's hair is different. My mom-in-law has washed her hair every day for 62 years and nothing has come of it. But if she has to skip a washing, it gets greasier than all hell and her scalp breaks out. 

Your natural oils are there for a reason: to PROTECT your hair and keep it healthy and shiny. The more you wash these oils away, the more oil you're stripping, and that can cause damage, dryness, and breakage. If you skip a day or two, your follicles can become clogged with tons of oil, as your scalp will overcompensate because of all the washing. 

If you have longer hair, tie it up or wrap it in a cap or bandana. You can go every other day, or even every 2 days, if you want. I have medium hair and wash it every two days. You don't need to wash your hair every single day.