Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

Protecting myself working at Covid hotel. ??

I have applied as a security guard at a hotel which is known as the covid hotel.  Base pay $19.00 first 8 hours then $28.50 next 4 hours which is 12 hour shifts 5 days a week.  I am thinking soap, hand sanitizer, 500 pack of disposable mask, face shield, 500 pack of gloves.  Any other suggestions I would appreciate.  Thank you.

Yes. Make sure you get N95 or KN95 masks because most masks protect other people from you but don't do a great job of protecting you from others.  Since these masks are not cheap, I let them set out in sunlight for a couple of days before I use them again.  Rotate wearing five of them or so. 

You are better off getting a package of 10 KN95 masks that are on the FDA approved list.  These will block 95%+ of small & large particles.  Most of the KN95 masks sold on Amazon are approved.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-di...

They can be used up to about 20 times each if they are cleaned.  To do this put in a paperbag and let sit for 5 days.  That's all you need to do to decontaminate them.

Maintaining distance of 1 meter (3.2ft) reduces your risk of infection 82%.  Keeping 6 ft away you are outside the regular breaking zone which means unless someone coughs, sneezes, etc you can't get covid from them.

-- so maintain distance as much as possible.

If you want to further up the game, you can use 2 masks or KN95 mask and face shield.

• Tavy

Sounds good, but your employers have to make sure you are safe.