Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Still close with the person who molested me. I don't know what to do. Help? ?

I've never told anyone this and I really need help. When I was 10 my cousin who was slightly older molested me for years. Well, initially it was molestation. I then participated, even though I felt disgusting.

I tried to pretend it wasn't her. We were best friends all of our lives, and it continued. We're still close. When I brought it up recently she kind of indirectly told me my memory was wrong.

I've told people I've been molested but I can't bring myself to say who it was. I haven't told a soul. 

@ anonymous - go tot hell lol 

I didn’t say it was your fault, Keith? What? 

• OTTO
    Favorite Answer

Wow. She gaslighted you. Your memory is correct. She doesn't want to face the truth.

Please see a counselor. You might also call a rape hotline to see if they have any ideas. 

Source(s): A young child lacks the legal capacity to consent to sexual behavior.

You can start by getting away from her.

Never even see her.

• ?

You choose to be close, it's not the fault of anyone else.

🥴 Ok?

Well what is everyone else gonna do about your first sexual experience with your girl cousin? Besides hate her guts?

It was a traumatizing experience. Given. Now you 2 are older. Not kids. Do you really want to go down in history as the one who was whining about getting fingered by another kid? Especially, since you participated in it eventually?

😒 Thats like the pot calling the kettle black.