Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Christians: what passages in the bible give you self-confidence again that you are a valuable person if you feel low?

• ?

I don't get my confidence from within myself, no matter the passage.  My confidence is in the Lord.  When I look to him, I cannot feel low.

Psalms 72:12-14- For he will rescue the poor who cry for help, Also the lowly one and whoever has no helper. He will have pity on the lowly and the poor, and the lives of the poor he will save. From oppression and from violence he will rescue the, and their blood will be precious in his eyes. 

The Bible in no way teaches that we are valuable people.  In fact, it teaches the exact opposite, that we are hapless pawns in an egomaniac god's game of self-glorification.

God killed all the firstborn of Egypt for the crimes of their leader.

God drowned the entire world for their sins instead of changing their minds.

God let Satan murder Job's entire family on a bet, then casually replaced them with new people.

God says we're all worthy of death just for being human.

Some god you got there!

• Elle

I worked at a hospital that had 600 beds. On the wall across from the elevators was a bronze with this scripture  Matt. 25:40 https://youtu.be/0yFXfAGl17M

Youtube thumbnail

By God's grace, I do not seek to be self confident.  God is the one who defines who I am, not me.  I have no confidence in my flesh.  I am worthy solely because of Jesus Christ, not because of anything in and of myself.