Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I feel I don’t deserve it?

My parents wants to get me a new phone and give my current phone to my younger brother and this is supposed to be something that makes me so happy but instead i’m really scared , sad and started crying I know this sounds so silly but i can’t stop feeling that something bad will happen and i don’t deserve it (i’m really not a good person) 

I don’t have anyone to talk to and don’t know how to stop crying and feeling scared. 

Any advices ? 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Seriously?  You should do what no one else will.  Look you know how you feel better than anyone.  If you don't deserve it or are not a good person.  You should punish yourself.  Be accountable and responsible.

• 2 months ago

People who are very bad don't care about the fact that they're very bad. They do all kinds of bad things and laugh about it. 

I suggest first of all taking a very short test online called KADS 6-Item. It's a test that tells teenagers whether or not they should get help.

Depression is like looking at things through a pair of glasses, that make everything look worse, including what you see in the mirror. When a person is depressed, the person will make mountains out of molehills - think about little mistakes as if they were terrible crimes. I have a really strong hunch that this is what you're doing.

Maybe the best advice I can give you is not to keep this a secret. If you have trouble talking with your parents about this, talk with a school counselor. 

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. 

Sometimes it can take a long time for people to get proper care. This is an answer that somebody rated Best, 5 Stars -

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181...

This has details about self-help based on cognitive-behavioral therapy and lifestyle choices that help with depression - nutrition, basic lifestyle things like sleep, exercise, and social support, also traditional Asian methods.  

I suggest talking about these things with your parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.