am I playing video games wrong?

basically, I love video games, but I simply use them for one thing, to switch of my mind for an evening and just relax. This means, I don't take them seriously and never play for hours on end. I just have fun, and games to me are nothing more than just fun. I have never truly understood the gamer's who get so carried away. I can play any game, and yes I have loads on X Box One, and I never feel overly addicted, half an hour to an hour is all I need in an evening, more than that I will get bored. It takes me a long, long time to complete games as I don't sit for ages playing them, I just enjoy the gaming experience. I get through missions, do all the good stuff, it's all fun, then i walk away and don't go back for days. I feel like a lot of people my age are obsessed, and it's like a life passion. For me, that's cringe. I'm a casual gamer, and I'm not sorry about that. 

There's nothing wrong with it at all! Everyone enjoys things in different ways! As long as you're not ruining anyone else's fun, it's perfectly fine! :)

youre not playing them wrong as long as youre not ruining the game for others. a ton of people only play casually. I personally usually play casually but sometimes competitively. I usually play games for hours at a time either doing quests/missions or playing against people competitively. I feel like so many people are obsessed with video games because there is nothing better to do/ gaming takes you out of the real world and people prefer the virtual world over the real world. only playing games a little bit at a time is fine and there is really only one way to play video games wrong... ruining the game for others

everything ive written here is just my opinion

The fact that you said that your not sorry about it says it all. If your not sorry then what your doing isn't wrong. Atleast for you that is. Everyone plays games differently and well according to you your a casual gamer. So why are you even asking a question because it sounds like you already knew the answer. Go for it bud.

While you might be more a casual player compared to others, but you're OK playing however you like.  30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hrs, 8 hrs...  as long as you're enjoying yourself, that's all that matters.

With that said, you might have some difficulties making progress in some games (which may require 2 hours to make significant progress), which the XBox One might not be the most ideal platform (Nintendo Switch is a bit more causal-gaming friendly)...  HOWEVER, if you're OK with things & the games you play, that's all that matters & don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

I agree with you.  I'm a casual gamer also.  I like to have fun with games and definitely don't take them seriously.  You should keep doing just as you are doing.

The right way to game is however you most enjoy it. The only wrong ways to game are ones that ruin the enjoyment for others.

If you like what you are doing, you're not doing it wrong.

You don't have to play games like others.  We are individuals and any "one size fits all" solution to anything isn't really a solution for all, it's an "STFU" to anyone who doesn't "fall in line".