Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

True or false: skinny means underweight ?

Yes. It means thin in an unattractive way. Emaciated, too thin, very thin, scrawny, underweight etc. Some people seem to use it as a synonym for "thin" but its not the proper use of the word. 

Yeah and fat means overweight or obese 

• miffy

Skinny is not an objective label.

It is actually  used as an insult to say some one is unattractively thin.

Usually it is  FAT people calling those who are slim and healthy "skinny" so they can pretend they are not FAT. 

And usually it is FAT WOMEN doing this.

Just sayin'

• ?

False. If someone is skinny, they are just that: lithe with no real visible body fat hanging over their belts. My friend is skinny, but she's not underweight at all. I've known plenty of skinny people that were their ideal weight. Their fat stores just don't show.

• ?

maybe and also "thin" is another word for it

No. Not necessarily. You can look skinny, and still have a BMI that's on the lower side of normal. Or..? You can look even skinnier, and be underweight.

Personally..? I've got a very average BMI. In fact..? It's even on the SLIGHTLY higher side of the "normal" spectrum! Yet many people at work tell me I look skinny, etc. Although personally..? I just think I look average. Plus almost all my excess fat ends up on my hips. And if you're not looking at those..? I look skinny-ish, I suppose.