Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

True or false: skinny means underweight ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes. It means thin in an unattractive way. Emaciated, too thin, very thin, scrawny, underweight etc. Some people seem to use it as a synonym for "thin" but its not the proper use of the word. 

• 2 months ago

Yeah and fat means overweight or obese 

• miffy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Skinny is not an objective label.

It is actually  used as an insult to say some one is unattractively thin.

Usually it is  FAT people calling those who are slim and healthy "skinny" so they can pretend they are not FAT. 

And usually it is FAT WOMEN doing this.

Just sayin'

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

False. If someone is skinny, they are just that: lithe with no real visible body fat hanging over their belts. My friend is skinny, but she's not underweight at all. I've known plenty of skinny people that were their ideal weight. Their fat stores just don't show.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe and also "thin" is another word for it

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. Not necessarily. You can look skinny, and still have a BMI that's on the lower side of normal. Or..? You can look even skinnier, and be underweight.

Personally..? I've got a very average BMI. In fact..? It's even on the SLIGHTLY higher side of the "normal" spectrum! Yet many people at work tell me I look skinny, etc. Although personally..? I just think I look average. Plus almost all my excess fat ends up on my hips. And if you're not looking at those..? I look skinny-ish, I suppose.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.