Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 2 months ago

Why the hell is the 2009 Honda Civic horn so god damn retarded?

You know when you just want to lay on your horn for a minutes because of some asshole drive and your horn is like "meeep meeep ::sips some tea:: meeep" I hate it!

GO to a JUNKYARD and get a used CADDY HORN and replace them! I got into  serious ACCIDENT with my BENZ C280 from this as well! IT ALSO says MEEP MEEP and is NOT very LOUD and a large GM SUV backed into me like a CRUSHING MACHINE in a parking lot! HATE IT!  evena FORD HORN is better! I GET IT!

You can get an A-oo-ga horn like the cars of Old.  It is electric.  you mount it in the engine compartment behind the grill somewhere.  It is an unexpected sound.  Maybe Wally's has it or some other autoparts store.  It is a customizing add on.  Horns do not bother the driver in front of you BECAUSE THEY ARE IN FRONT OF YOU.  They don't care. The ****** is the one pushing on the horn...sorry to point that out.

• ?

Just buy a louder horn and install it. Did this with my Toyota Tacoma which had a tiny sounding horn. 

• GF

They are computer controlled to make a sound to match the owner. Honda software has determined what sound suits your personality the best.

Its very odd that you would expect any portion of a small commuter car to be loud or overpowering in any way.

Honda civics are designed as a cheap and reliable way to get from point A to point B. Expecting anything more from it is foolish.

Let me guess, you have one of those coffee can mufflers that makes your 120 hp engine sound like my chainsaw, and a big useless spoiler on the back that looks like a shopping card handle.

• Anton

It is illegal to "lay on your horn...." 

But if you want to be an asshole, you need to stop by an auto parts store, get some wire, a horn relay, a pair of high/low 132db highway horns; and replace the stock horn.

You're horn is a traffic emergency warning device!

It is 100% against the law to use it as an anger expression device! if you get caught doing this you will get the biggest ticket that you've ever seen in your life.

That is why some car manufacturers have made the horn with a safety feature so that you can't misuse it