What is/are your favorite ways in which to eat sunflower seeds?

For example, on their own as a snack right out of a bag, in cereals, in breads/muffins, in trail mix, or other ways? Cheers!

Toasted with 1/2 salt on a mixed green salad.

In Trader Joes sunflower seed butter cups - like peanut butter cups but with dark chocolate...

I don't like the work or bother or salt on my hands of shelling and eating plain sunflower seeds from the shell, but this last summer I had some HUGE sunflowers volunteer at the back of my garden from some mammoth sunflowers I had planted the year before.  Just for fun I harvested and roasted some, I read up on them and brined them, and they were absolutely fantastic.  Next year I will plant, harvest and roast a bunch of them.

I used to love Planter's sunflower seeds straight from the jar. Sadly, these seem to be nearly extinct. I have not found any other brand so far that even comes close.

• ?

Raw organic unsalted unflavored. Put some in shot glass and down them every morning. 

Also an ingredient in with fried rice.

• ?

I like the ones that are roasted, salted and shelled either right out of the bag or sprinkled on a salad.

• Darla

With granola.        

• kswck2

In my hand, with a bit of salt. 

• tony

add them in your breakfast cereals..Add sunflower seeds to any main course dish such as chicken curry or mixed vegetables or can be easily sprinkled over healthy salads and pastas to add that extra flavor and nutrients.

Toss with stir-fry vegetables. Top your favorite pasta dish. Use in baked goods such as bagels, muffins, multi-grain breads, carrot-sunflower cake, crackers and bars. Snack on caramel sunflower popcorn, sunflower trail mix, granola bars, sunflower date bars and cookies. 

I mostly use them in homemade seed crackers, second biggest use is in bread, third in salads, usually tempered with soy sauce first, and a distant fourth as a nut replacement in homemade confectionery for a relation allergic to almonds but tolerant of sunflower seeds.  I do not like them on their own. 

I love that bit of salt and crunch on a leafy green salad.  Adds a bit of protein too.