when should i get my covid test?

I am flying from iowa to florida for christmas and i am getting a covid test before my flight, i hear it can take several days to get the results back however, so when should i get the test done? maybe 4 or 5 days before i depart?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • R R
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You should get tested as soon as you have symptoms.  If you dont have symptoms wear a mask and practice social distancing.

• 2 months ago

4-5 days should be sufficient, you can also always ask the doctor/clinic you go to what they recommend. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Contact a few testing sites in your area and ask what the expected time is to get results back - then you would know how long before you go that you would need to get tested.

Consider this - you get tested on Monday because you are leaving on a Saturday.  You get your results on Friday.  Now - did you stay ISOLATED and AT HOME between Monday to Friday?  Or did you go about all your life as normal?  You can have a negative test on Monday because you wasn't exposed at that time - but if you retest on Friday - your result might become positive because of something you did between Monday and Friday - or someone that you was with between Monday to Friday.  

So - it really doesn't matter.  That test just means you wasn't positive on that day - it does NOT guarantee that you won't become positive before you actually go - or that you won't catch it at the airport - or on the plane - and then spread it when you get to Florida.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.