Should I text him or move on? ?

I was talking to this guy who has decreased communication with me. In my mind, he found me to be “boring” bc it's hard for me to open up. The truth is that I have been through a lot in my life, from poverty to prejudice to verbal and physical abuse. I'm stronger because of it. 

Sidenote: he updated his dating profile about being not talking to boring people, and I assumed it was a shot at me. 

We have been chatting over about five weeks, not consistently, but have seen each other twice and have done two zoom dates and kissed once. 

We established this was a friendship with possible cuddles. I sent him a thirsty photo last night, and he ignored it, and I saw him check in on the dating app. So I'm feeling a way. 

I feel like I’m struggling with my self worth bc of this situation now. I'm debating about telling him that about my past (poverty/abuse) 

I really like this guy. Should I tell him about why I am not opening up? Or should I move on? Or there a different approach? 

Oh, move on, do ! He isn't into you, its clear.  

The fact that it was established in the beginning that this was a friendship with “possible cuddles” clearly shows he is not interested in a relationship with you and probably only wants to bang. I’m sorry but that is the cold hard truth. 

I would honestly move on. If he isn’t responding to you, he more than likely found someone new to talk too. 

Also I understand you might have had a rather hard upbringing, but the thing is.. so do a lot of people. I’m not trying to disqualify your experiences but just keep that in mind. I think when people are looking for potential partners they look at things like how motivated or resilient that person is, they definitely aren’t looking for someone who sulks in self pity. 

Just move on.  Really don't understand why you are hung up on him and would bother with someone that is jerking you around?  It is not like you are invested in this guy after 5 weeks, and with this treatment, it is only going to go downhill.  Respect yourself and forget him.  That is the self worth move.

• Alex

Another approach would be to spend more time around other people or talking on the phone and less time texting.  The problem is not you.  The problem is texting as a primary method of communication.