Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

I thought guys were supposed to initiate the “chasing” ?

Seeing this guy for a few weeks and today he tells me “you don’t initiate texts.meet ups or sex”

I thought guys were supposed to do that

I don't see why the guy has to do all the chasing, seems pretty lazy on the female side of things.

• Hayley

These days women can do these things.

Communicating through texting is a very immature way to communicate. You're going to have a lot of drama in your life until you meet a real man that does not play texting games. 

That's hard to answer in today's world. All of the old rules are up for negotiation. Generally, males are the initiator, but that may be as much cultural as biological. I do know men who have been castigated for "initiating". I suppose you (or they) could also do the "what if I did X, would you be okay with that?" It puts everything out in the open and lessens the chance for miscommunications. 

You think all guys wants to chase you!

Are you still virgin? I don’t think 🤔 so

So lower your gaze and respect him

I'd say move on - he's not the guy for you. A woman needs to be pursued - it's part of the seduction process - and any lazy guy who won't do that isn't worth the time. 

Apparently this "guy" would like  you to be more assertive in the areas specified.  Traditionally, it is, indeed the role of the guy to do the chasing, but not for everyone. For many, however, if the girl does it, she can be viewed as too assertive and it would be a turn off for the guy. Everyone is different, be yourself.