How do I tell this guy I am straight?

So a gay man at work keeps flirting with me and I feel kind of weird because I'm straight and I don't know what to say to him because I'm afraid that no matter what I do say it will be homophobic. Should I just ignore him even though he is starting to make me feel uncomfortable? 

Unwanted sexual attention by either sex can be considered sexual harassment if they persist after knowing that it's unwanted.  Both of you were hired to do a job, and every workplace has to have policies against sexual harassment. As for the creep (Rick) on her who think's it would be a good idea to "shove a .45" at him, may I suggest you seek counselling immediately before you either kill someone and end up in prison or die becuz of your lust for toys that kill. 

If he is flirting or saying things directly that are making you uncomfortable, just say "I'm not comfortable with this conversation." Most people are not stupid and will take a hint. There is no reason for you to feel weird for being straight there is nothing homophobic about being straight. If he is making an effort to annoy you, and you can't work it out. It might be okay to let your supervisor know. But, usually less is more and less is better. Mention it to another worker who is familiar and see how they feel about it. It isn't "rocket science." Perhaps you are homophobic?

I think you should date him anyway! I mean... what could happen 😅

• ?

push him up against a wall, shove a .45 in his mouth, and tell him to BACKOFF, IF he knows whats good for him !!!

• rhonda

Just tell him you are straight and that you will report his behaviour to HR if he doesn't stop hitting on you.

If he does it again, you tell him to back off. If he doesn't back off, you have two options: Call the police, if he's harassing you. If he physically lays a hand on you (physically attacks you, or trys to sexually assault you), the other option is to defend yourself and put him in the hospital. If the police question you for beating the daylights out of that sex offender, leaving him severely injured, tell the police it was self-defense.

I'm also a straight man, and I would never let a homosexual come around me. If a homosexual sodomite tried to make a move on me, it would result in violence. I don't tolerate that sort of stuff. I'm only interested in women, and I'm saving myself for marriage.

Anyways, before it gets out of control and results in a fight and/or calling the police, report him to your boss. If I was the boss, I would fire that other guy. What he's doing is sexual harassment. If I knew he was a homosexual, I would not hire him. If I found out he was a homosexual, after he was hired, I would fire him. If I was in charge of a workplace, I would have a "no homosexuals allowed" policy, especially for the reason that you are complaining about. I would rule in favor of you, and he would be fired.

Just punch the f*gs on the face let him know what real men is

You are not Walmart - it is not up to you to serve everybody! If a woman were to hit on him - by your logic this gay man would have to go with her or be misogynistic?

Nicely but firmly tell this guy you are not interested and that you are straight. Because you have not said no yet he still thinks he has a chance with you. You’ll actually be helping him because if he’s focusing on a guy he has no chance with, he can now go for someone else who he might be a better match for. Do this sooner than later.

• Sky

Assuming your anonymously posted story is true, just tell him you're straight.  Only a total dumbass would think you're homophobic for stating the fact that you're heterosexual.

• ?

Your making this a bigger deal then it is. Just say " I'm straight and just not interested." Period.