is nihilism a reliable thought process?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Not really. It's rather shallow & often resentful. 

Source(s): I tried nihilism in my young adulthood. I still find Christianity more interesting.
  • 2 months ago

Most folks can't spell it and rest don't know what it is, including you - and me.

• 2 months ago

Nihilism may lead you to emptiness. You will be easily derailed from the right path to a wrong path to meet your destruction. It's a spirit. There are different type of spirits all over the world. Your life depends on the spirits that you choose for your life. Spirits were/are created by God but God is a mystery even to the spirits, that's why you are able to see atheists even in this miraculous era of God.

God never bothers whether people believe in him or not. God’s intervention in human affairs is very rare. God doesn't watch each and every human being at the same time and cannot live with each and everyone to guide them. These works are done by the spirits. God had created different kinds of spirits for various purposes. He had made the spirits to watch, guide and determine the destiny of the human beings from their daily activities, talks and thoughts too. Your past determines your present and your present determines your future. God has given freewill to all creatures including human beings. According to this, all human beings have all right to live a life as they wish. But if it happens to be bad and hurts someone, they have to face the consequences. These consequences are created by spirits. It's a natural system. After death no one lives in any form. Heaven and hell are only for spirits, not for human beings. God is a mystery even to the spirits. Spirits are not eternal beings but their lifetime is long. Spirits are separate elements. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. These spirits are your consciousnesses and memories. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. A mind is you. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get its mind. The same is the case with the human beings.  A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism.  After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives after death in any form. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Which version of nihilism? There are six distinct types. When you get a clue, ask again. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When a person puts forward a statement of certitude that is illogical, that indicates some illogical process, usually emotionally/psychologically based.

E.g., an illogical epistemological nihilistic claim = "There is no absolute knowing," which is similar in its illogic to a person claiming "There is no God."  A logical statement re those claims = "I have never found any epistemological certitude [or evidence of God]."  The fallacy of over-generalization, i.e. from self to society, or even positing one's limited experience as providing sufficient wisdom for self, is perhaps an indication of a desire to valorize one's own opinions over and against others'.  

Having crossed the borderline from this general kind of Humean and Nietzschean illogic, into logic, one is then in the realm of e.g. Descartes and Husserl, models or examples of more "reliable thought processing." 

• 2 months ago

No. A genuine nihilist would need to be locked away in a madhouse.

• 2 months ago

Nihilism is a complex and broad philosophy.  Please be more specific.

One common idea of nihilism is that life has no purpose.  On the surface, this would seem to conflict with religion, since most religions believe that God had a purpose when creating life.  However, if we can have a purpose assigned from other entities, then our parents could have had a purpose in our birth, removing the need for a divine purpose.  A nihilist would say that our parents purpose doesn't count because there is no ultimate purpose in our existence.

I don't think nihilism is unreliable, but I don't personally accept it, although I can see both sides of the argument.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.