Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Can I lose noticeable weight in 20 days?

I am female and 5’4”. My normal weight is 120 lbs. 

Currently I am 130. The last two months I’ve been binge eating every day because of stress from something. 

I’m going on vacation in 20 days and want to get down to 125 lbs. is that possible?

I’m unable to exercise intensely because of a spine injury, but I have great discipline when it comes to diet. I can easily do a Keto diet. Will a keto diet and light exercise be enough to lose 5 pounds in 20 days?

I want my belly to be toned. It was very toned at 120 lbs. at 130 it is not at alllllll

Favorite Answer

Probably.  Five pounds in 20 days is aggressive if you're looking for actually fat loss, but not impossible. I'd suggest that you focus less on a specific weight and more on making choices that will not only ultimately result in weight loss but also improve your nutrition and self-image.

A keto diet is NOT a magic weight loss program, it is a lifestyle eating plan.  People lose weight on a keto diet because they eliminate the foods that use insulin.  Insulin prevents the body from burning stored fat. Many people drop water and waste in the first week on keto and think they are on track to lose 4 pounds a week every week, but that isn't what generally happens.  Fat loss is always slow and a healthy fat loss goal is between 1-2 pounds per week.  

That noted, to lose weight on any diet you have to be in a calorie deficit. If you consume between 1000-1200 calories a day of vegetables, protein, and fats, drink a lot of water, and try a 16-8 intermittent fasting protocol, you'll be able to meet your body's nutritional needs while also putting your body in the best biochemical position to burn stored fat.  

Look up Dr. Eric Berg, Dr. Josh Axe, and Thomas De Laurer on YouTube and watch some of their videos on both keto and IF.  Done correctly, these are safe and healthy methods and can result in fat loss.   

No matter how many kilograms you are going to lose, the time duration is so much crucial that more people, unfortunately, become hopeless when it comes to getting a quick win I mean the best feedback form a diet plan in a short time. 

Losing weight in 20 days or better say 30 days is possible, but how are you ready for that? Did you fill-up the refrigerator with green vegetables enough protein.Actually, to maintain proper health, you need a healthy eating plan and regular exercise.Here are the tips you can follow:1. Stop eating carbohydrates2. Limit water intake3. Do an hour of Low-Intensity Cardio 1- 2 hours before the weight check to sweat as much as possible.4. Count Calories5. Drink More Water6. Increase Your Protein Intake7. Cut Your Carb Consumption8. Start Lifting Weights9. Eat More Fiber10. Set a Sleep Schedule

• kelvin

you don't need to lose any weight

I went on a Greyhound bus trip from Maine to Portland Oregon once.   Had my wallet stolen in Boston, then was put on the local bus from Chicago to Seattle.   Short story, I didn't eat for 8 days.   Lost 20 pounds.

• Petter

No, you can't. At least not when you weigh in at a measly 130 Ibs.

You should be able to lose that, but keep in mind the first weight you lose is generally fluid anyways. and that usually is a larger amount than what you lose later on.

• donnie

Yes but be careful