Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

How many cars is too many?

I might look at a car later today. It's an 84 300zx turbo for a little under 3k Hoping to get for 2.5k. If I were to get it, this would put me at 9 cars and a motorcycle. I have no income and am also in college. Is this stupid? Has anyone else found themselves in a similar situation? I'm beginning to question my sanity. I just don't see too many of these for sale and always have trouble parting ways with my vehicles. 

obvious troll is obvious

Yes, this is VERY stupid.

People with LOTS of money can afford to have multiple vehicles.

Sell 10 of those cars.

Its only" too many" if You question if it is.

I have 2, I consider my Chevy redundant. But, its an '80, Not a '57 Bel Aire convertible...must consider intrinsic Value of the vehicle, too.  If I won lotto, I think I'd get a Stanley and Willlys Jeep. 

I also don't have a lotta Room,  here. I would on six acres in Sierra Vista.

ReRugged: Get Bent. Even  in So. AZ, I  Need a Cage for my wife, dog, carry paint, etc. 

Limit Projects to 2 Years Out.

Of course the answer is 12.   12 cars is too many.  No, just kidding.  I have 11 cars and that is too many.I am guessing that they are project cars?  I have a new way of looking at my projects and no longer think starting a support group would be a good idea.  But if we did, after the meeting, we could have a swap meet out back and support and build on our bad habits.  So if you plan to finish the project in less than two years.  So if you work on cars enough hours a day to fix 5 cars a year then you are fine with 10 cars.  And if you have time for about 1-2 a year then I should only have about 3-4 projects and sell the others. 

Because what happens is if you have that 84 300zx turbo and almost ready to start there will always be a new option and maybe then you can't buy a 1970 240z if you already got the 84 300zx.

It has stopped me from buying a few cars recently and I have tried to get groups of 3 or so of the same car.  But I do still have 11 cars.  So I don't take my own advice.

I had a  91 300zx that was a project that was finished and then sold about 4 years later.

I wish I had stopped at just the one. A little experimenting in college was acceptable, but I should have pumped the brakes after that. Instead, I hit a dead end. I destroyed a promising career thanks to cars, but I'm happy to report that I have finally received the help that I needed. Praise His name.

Cars are going to start being "available" because the owner needs the money.  This virus is FAR from over and vaccine is FAR from you being in the lineup for it.  9 cars is a bit much even if you have acres of land to store it on. So, in the sun they will depreciate as the sun takes its toll on the paint job.  Go to a junk yard and see all the cars there sitting in the sun, rusting.  At least while they are there, the yard might make money off of each car as it is "parted out."   Then when it is about done for parts it is crushed and sold to the foundry  where they  melt it down to make other stuff out of the molten metal.  The auto salvage yard is making money every step of the way.  

. You, I guess want to hold onto the cars and let them deteriorate in the sun.  All loss, no gain.  You never could collect welfare, because you have cars you could sell.  There is only 1 of you so you only need 1 car and 1 bike(I would never mention the bike as their value is near 0)

• y

How can you afford them with no income?  Must be getting funds from somewhere.  Some people collect kids, that is more expensive in the long run, some collect bongs, or guns, or wives, or whatever. You like cars, then have fun.

You are exhibiting strange behavior.  Sell all of the cars and keep the bike.

• ?

if you keep them in the weather its a waste of time having a 9 shitheaps. I know a bloke that has 10 or so cars not one of them is roadworthy they are all shitheaps that shouldn't be on the road in my opinion. How do you pay reg on all of them and maintian them so they are roadworthy?

I had the same problem in High School.  I could afford to buy cars, but could not afford to insure them.  If you can afford to buy a 300ZX (I prefer the 85) for $2500 and insure it, you should get it.  If you look after it and it does not rust out, it should be worth almost as much when your children choose to sell it .  Life is to be enjoyed.