Asep
Asep asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 2 months ago

Can you help me make my argument for abortion make sense?

So the author of this article made an argument saying that abortion is wrong because it takes away the fetus’ valuable future. So in my argument I asked whether or not the death penalty is wrong because it too takes away the valuable future of an individual. How can I spice up my argument and back it up with evidence?

I really need help with my argument guys, i’m not doing this for fun i’m doing it for a grade.

I gather that your argument is against abortion and/or the death penalty.

Objectively I'd suggest the following arguments:A fetus brought to term and birthed alive, has the potential to grow to be a contributing member of society. This potential is unlimited.The death penalty sentence is implemented by the courts as the ultimate punitive measure for extreme wrongdoers.  However can one truly say that the death penalty imposed for certain crimes actually deters other wrongdoers from committing the same crimes?Do the victims's families gain closure from the execution of the wrongdoer?Perhaps society would be better served if the sentence were commuted to life imprisonment during which the wrongdoer could undergo self improvement and rehabilitation. This person's is unlikely to enjoy a valuable future, but where there is life, there is always potential for growth and improvement.  

lol. You can't.  "A valuable future" is only a concept; especially for a murderer. The author is only using feel-good pop psychology (with maybe some guilt mixed in).

I am going to play devil's advocate here and point out something here.

An abortion takes away a human's chance at a valuable future, not giving them a chance to live to their full potential. If a person is on death row, awaiting a death sentence, that person has already given up his/her valuable future due to the fact that they have more than likely done the exact same thing to another person. They don't desrve a second chance.