Biology/ Ecology wildlife survey careers and related?

I'm a Biology major, focusing my studies on Ecology. I absolutely love it and know I will love a career with it. But what career do I aim for? I just started my education at a university, working towards my bachelors and further after that. My issue is, I don't know the specific career, in the end, that I want.

The summers of 2018 and 2019 I got to study abroad and do wildlife survey work in South America, Guyana, and Fiji. That is what I loved. Traveling to different places, surveying the wildlife and ecosystems and experiencing theses different biomes and ecosystems we find ourselves in. All sciences, specifically Biology and ecology have been my great interests and a career in them is my dream. I'm just not sure of a specific career to point towards while I'm learning.

I've thought of working towards being a teacher or professor myself, as long as I can step outside. Again, I want to travel, study, survey, research new and different places. I don't have to travel all the time. But I do want it as an option. My professors that I studied abroad with, there main careers were professors but, just as they brought us out to the field, they made sure to be out in the field themselves, once or twice a year doing surveys and research. Usually in different places. Something like that is what I will enjoy. Again, I do not have to travel all the time for the career, but I want it as an option. I hope that made sense. Any suggestions for things to look into are appreciated! Thank you!

The college provides you with a career guidance counselor.

Talk to that person.

It is FREE as long as you are in that college.