Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Gerald Ford proved no charges need be involved for a pardon. Is Trump going to pardon his family?

It was actually President Andrew Johnson in 1866 who did that.

• kswck2

IT only applies Federally-not civilly. 

• ?

linkus86: What was Nixon (you know, the pardoned one) charged with? I’m waiting.

Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt.  Everyone already knew Nixon was guilty, and Ford di it to save a pile of money that would be spent on prosecution.  If Trump pardons his family, and they accept, they are admitting they committed crimes.

Ford didn't "prove" anything, he got away with it because the Democrats allowed it for the sake of the country. Beause Trump has been so antagonistic and vengeful of anybody who refused to worship him I don't think Democrats will feel that way this time.

No charges?  It seems you remember history different than it occurred.  Stay in school (or return there).

I am in the camp who suspect that Trump will pardon his family members and many of his enablers.  I am not sure I believe that he will flee to Florida in early January and submit his resignation from there, to be pardoned by Pence.