Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

How many hours a day should a Postgraduate student study?

I study Anthropology

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

As a grad student you should aim for an A grade in all classes.  Study as many hours as necessary to achieve that goal.

• ?

That really depends. When I completed my master’s I did it in one year rather than 2 and probably averaged 2-3 hours per day studying. The PhD was very different because it was mostly doing my research project and writing the dissertation. It was feast or famine where sometimes I did little every day and others where I worked for 8-10 hours a day. 

Why worry about it? Even just a baccalaureate student would know not to arbitrarily capitalize that P. Also, any baccalaureate student would know it would depend on the postgraduate degree, program, and course load. So you're putting the cart before the horse with this question of yours.