Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Deuteronomy 15 states that 'at the end of every seven years you must cancel debts'. So, Christians must support cancelling student debt?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It means pay up, not forget it!

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since we are not ancient Israel, no.

• 2 months ago

Promoting personal irresponsibility is not something Christians do regardless of what the ancient Israelites were directed to do.  

My i suggest you read the Scriptures in context and or give up on your personalized interpretation.   

Source(s): Greed and Selfishness
  • 2 months ago

That, and all of the 613 "You must" and "you must not" went the way of Hebrews 8:13.  We would rather cancel the students rather than their debt, with all of the BA degrees in Anthropology.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Student debt is an abomination and a drag on a nation's progress. There are far to many dim thickos in the USA already (Trump voters in general) without further discouraging people from getting a decent education!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

So only Christian & Jewish student loans should be cancelled, right? 

Everybody else pays their debts or gets a bad credit rating & a prison term. 

Seriously, I would be in favor of something like the GI Bill, only you exchange time in government service for student debt payments. 

Military, National Guard, Peace Corps, VISTA, etc should all count for the program. 

Of course, the service must be honorable to qualify.  No malingering nor criminal activity during the term of service. 

• Education and healthcare should be universal

• 2 months ago

Christians don't follow the Bible.  You know that.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Aren't the leftists who racked up the debts atheists?  Request to cancel freeloading snowflakes student loans is denied.   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.