paige asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Why was Greece a likely place for civilization to thrive? Explain.?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • JuanB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I've been to Greece and thought just what a hell hole!  And tried to figure out your exact question myself.

My answer would be ports with natural characteristics that help defend them.  Like usually lots of hills and cliffs, you can defend high ground, and sheltered coves.  And with these Ports Greece is a great location between Europe, Asia and Africa. Sunny weather. Seafood.

Who knows what your teacher wants to hear out of your textbook though. 

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

There is no evidence of Greece having a civilization any earlier than anyone else.

And if there is, i would like to see it.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Civilisation started along the Euphrates there has always been trade and the river provided the source to conduct it , and cities arose along it and with that law and order and methods , there are many Greek archives that state early Greeks were regular visitors and a lot of the intelligence was brought back they describe the hanging gardens of Babylon , the inhabittents  of Mesopotamia used complicated forms of communication that is extremely difficult to translate so like the Rossetta stone written in Greek and Egyptian their heirogliphics were translated and that is how le learned about Mesopotamia through Greeks observations 

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They had plenty of wine, women and Archimedes...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.