James asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

What is safe to smoke?

It's well known that cigarettes are unhealthy to smoke, but why? I understand there are chemicals inside that are released when you light a cigarette such as tar and carbon monoxide but how is that different than a joint (a marijuana cigarette) which many people (including doctors) agree is not only not unhealthy, but apparently has some health BENEFITS (I don't smoke anything so I couldn't say) and also there is the idea of PROP cigarettes which are used on movie sets that use lavender, rose pedals, herbs, etc. as they are perceived to be much less dangerous than regular cigarettes but if you look online, you're bound to find some articles that say that prop cigarettes are just as dangerous as tobacco cigarettes.

BOTTOM LINE: My question is: Whether it's tobacco, marijuana, lavender, herbs. The principal in SMOKING something is still the same, take a plant, light it, inhale the smoke, breathe it out, take another drag, so why is the world (including the medical community) so divided on what is safe to smoke and what isn't?

EDIT: I'm NOT saying anything is safe to smoke, I'm simply stating that many people (especially self-righteous celebrities and hipsters who have no other personality traits) are saying that certain herbs are healthy to smoke and should "smoked everyday" 

Smoking is never a safe thing to do. Vaping is worse.

The main thing I can think of is Salmon.

Actually the process of smoking seems to be the issue

If you don't incinerate things they might actually be less injurious to your health

There is some research that suggests that vaporizing is safer then smoking ONLY because it doesn't raise the chemicals involved to the higher temperature and it doesn't allow them to create different compounds that are well defined as health hazards

This is not to say safe but the small amount of evidence is leading in that direction

Smoking is an issue and even the food smoked is not safe but as I mentioned to Colin we have to die form something so why not do it on a full stomach

Thanks for the request

Dr D

filling up your lungs with smoke and not fresh air damages the lungs. You can end up with emphasemia.

Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Smoking also increases risk for tuberculosis, certain eye diseases, and problems of the immune system, including rheumatoid arthritis.

Go to www.psychologytoday.org, and click on TODAY, then click on ALL. You will see maybe 100 listed topics you can read about many habit-forming substances you can avoid. Be brave and quit your desire to smoke any substance. I live in Houston, Texas, the home of University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center(www.mdanderson.org). Here you can request helpful information to  quit smoking. An Inhalation Toxicologist here reports a person can maintain a tobacco habit with only 10 cigarettes a day. You can reduce the number of tobacco products in time if you exert will power. I was told that if you have smoked for 10 years, it will take 3 years of no tobacco products to return your lungs to healthy status. The nicotine in tobacco is a deadly substance if concentrated. A personal comment: I was drafted into the US Army Chemical Corps and worked in the Chemical, Biological Warfare Service. Chemists can concentrate nicotine until it can kill a person if ingested.  Laboratory rodents were sacrificed to illustrate how little concentrated nicotine can kill. This agent was considered a toxic and deadly weapon at the time.

Marijuana & any prescribed drug I would truly guess zxmpq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Weed is pretty safe. It’s better if you don’t actually smoke it, but it’s far safer than cigarettes. Nobody ever died from weed. 

• Petter

NOTHING is safe to smoke except maybe for water vapor, the smoke in itself is probably the most dangerous part. Joints are of course also dangerous, even though cannabis can be used as medicin for ONE particular disease, which you don't have.

What would make you think that anything is safe to smoke?  Please don't breed.