Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Is there a way to do automatic backups on an external hard disk with windows 10 or do I need a program for that?

You could write a VBAScript job to do the backup and schedule it for repetitive execution via Windows Task Manager.

• BigE

I have a rather important PC.  I do use the old win7 backup to a extra drive, although never tried to restore.  I believe that is what is installed on Win10

That costs a drive, which is dirt cheap (I had an extra internal.  That needs to be as large as your running drive.)

I do have 2 other backup methods,one local and one over Internet.

Yes it can be done, you can back up to an external drives. Steps listed here

Use File History to back up to an external drive or network location. Select Start​ > Settings > Update & Security > Backup > Add a drive , and then choose an external drive or network location for your backups.

• Rick

I looked thru the Windows menu and didn't see anything about that.