Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

I’m struggling to eat, I make things that I always love and I can’t force myself to eat, any advice? ?

I haven’t been able to eat more than 4 or 5 bites at a meal for weeks now. I keep making food I love, I like to cook and I still have to make dinner for my guy but I just can’t eat. I feel vaguely hungry and I’ll make what I want when I’m hungry only to be disgusted when it’s done or I stand around hungry but not able to find anything at all to eat. It’s been quite awhile now and I work full time so it’s starting to get tough. I usually have a tea lemonade drink and a snack size of goldfish over the whole work day and I’ll eat a few bites at dinner. I keep buying random food items, drinks etc and still never wind up eating them. Not sure what to do at this point and just honestly figured I’d see if there was any advice out there. Thank you

Contact your doctor.  I think your issue is more mental than physical, so you may need to seek professional therapy.  Step 1 is to rule out any physiological problem or biological illness.  If there's nothing "wrong" with your body and you don't have some infection, then the next step is getting some counseling.  Something deep in your mind is telling you to not eat as a way of demonstrating some level of dissatisfaction with some part or parts of your life.