Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 3 months ago

Why so many advantages for women in America?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"Why so many advantages for women in America?"

It's really due to the way that things went down with regards to equality, from the onset.  Women and men used to be treated differently ... but not preferentially. Men had more Rights, but this was because they also had more Responsibilities. Furthermore, society was structured by family units, and so men's rights were understood to be bestowed upon his whole family for all to benefit from.

As a counter to this legal condition, women had many legal and social privileges, along with their obviously fewer legal obligations to society.

The state of Western civilization today is that women have gained full legal equality to men, while holding on to their previous group privileges as women. All of this occurred only in the last century. Most women (and men) have been born into this unequal condition which advantages women so that whenever anyone points this out, they are strangely thought to be "opposing women's rights" rather than advocating for equality.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Too many women believe the feminist narrative which has told us that history has been under gender rule when in fact it has always been under class rule.  Just look at Samantha's answer.  She properly points out the rockefeller legacy.  But somehow makes an incorrect link to all common men benefiting just because of their sex.  How??

Worse though is that the history of women being denied rights existed well before any of us have ever been born now.  How long will this excuse live for?  And why should today's men pay for that?

• 3 months ago

Are you serious? Because we were denied rights earlier on, so we don't have the same business opportunities as men. Let's take rockefeller for instance. Women weren't allowed to work then, so his company would go to his son and so on. Then in modern times, it would be difficult for a woman to take over that job without experience. 

That's why colleges favor female admittance over men. We were denied a history of careers in which we could have greatly improved the world.

Mozart's sister was also a pianist. But because she was a woman, so was not allowed to play music over a certain age. Can you imagine how many great compositions could have been produced if women were allowed the opportunity? 

So let's say I'm a teacher in historic times and now a law has passed where I could actually be a lawyer. But it's too late because I've been teaching and that's all I know. I have no knowledge to pass on to my daughter, so she becomes pigeon holed as a teacher too. It takes cycles before the mold can be broken 

And when a woman does become a lawyer, she has to fight discrimination by the old boys club and sexual harrasment.

And if you've lived long enough to grow up in the eighties, you would see all the abuse that was acceptable towards women, like date rape and domestic violence. Want proof? Just watch 80s comedies where the woman is raped why sleeping. This was acceptable back then. 

Should I go on or do you get it? 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

LOL Oh the delusional 'murican incel that got rejected by all women is at it again ...

Anyways feel free to move to the tribes in the Amazons that bury male infants alive and that part in China where men are slaves and decided for by the women that's related to them. Over there you'd be either a slave or one of a woman's 15 husbands and you will have zero rights even if she decides that you should starve to death or be beaten to death with no legal consequences. Oh and you will not be allowed to leave where they call your home without the lady's permission or else the police there will arrest and punish you as instructed by the lady aka master. :) American ladies have been too patient and too kind with you and the likes of you there fruitcake.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Atheism or at least, immigrants who fled america want something change or different from their original country culture, so they decided if they didn't immigrate back that giving women advantages works well for them.

USA is different culture than rest of the world. The problem is that USA culture hates men so.. what confuses me is why immigrant men risk that by immigrating to the USA... unless the man is short height idk

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Because they need them.  Women are generally not able to compete with men without some sort of artificial advantage.

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Although there is FGM on girls in Muslim areas in Detroit, America is largely non-Muslim.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

What advantages?

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Such as?              

• Bill
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Feminism, corporations that push feminist interests, and male traitors in government. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.