Think he’ll ever come back? Was it smart to pursue long distance ?

So to Make the long story short , I recently got broken up with by a boyfriend of 4 1/2 months . I was 22 and he was 18 who just graduated high school. We decided to pursue a relationship in July and when August rolled around he went  to college as a freshman more then 700 miles away. Now, I am a college student too(Senior) so I didn’t think the minor age difference would be a huge thing . So we pursued a long distance relationship , talked on the phone everyday , FaceTimed everyday but when he recently came back home he said there was no connection , and that he wasn’t physically attracted to me anymore . He broke up with me soon after telling me this . He says he still see us with a future together and he still want “us” though. Think he’ll ever come back around ?

• T J
    Favorite Answer

He has a whole new wold to see and explore now. He has plenty running in his head right now. I doubt he knows what he wants right now.

• Foofa

If in this brief time you dated you created a bond based on more than the physical, it's possible. But at 18 most guys are very motivated by the physical and so it's impossible for them to stay true to a long distance relationship. At least this one ended the relationship instead of just pretending to be with you while he was having sex with other women. So A for honesty on his part. You won't realize this for about another three years or so, but the difference in emotional maturity between a 22 y.o. and an 18 y.o. is actually huge. When he's 25 and you're 29 this difference won't represent such a chasm. I wouldn't put my life on hold for that though. Just as he's enjoying the social life of college so should you.