Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Can I order pizza? Or is that not Covid-safe to do?

Thank you all! :) I feel reassured

Favorite Answer

Yes. And it's COVID-safe. All the pizza places do contactless delivery if you ask them to. If you select contactless delivery, you pay by credit card and leave whatever tip you want to leave in advance. The driver than either calls you when they're there or rings your doorbell and stands well back or returns to their car if they can see from their car to watch and make sure you get it.

Scientists have found that COVID doesn't live for very long on surfaces, least of all porous surfaces like cardboard, so the risk of picking it up off the cardboard they touched and then touching your face is very low. Still, though, when you bring the box inside and open it. You should immediately wash your hands before touching your face and before handling the food.

The food will not contaminate you. It should still be at a temperature well above 110 degrees, which is more than hot enough to kill the virus. If you touch the pizza and it's not hot or warm to the touch, meaning significantly warmer than your body temperature, then either reheat it to 145 degrees, serving temperature, or call and get it replaced, not because of COVID but because they brought you cold pizza. At any rate, the last time any human was exposed to that pizza was when whomever took it out of the oven, cut it, boxed it, and closed the box, and at that time, it was at a temperature over 300 degrees, which would kill any virus that may have gotten on it, something that's made very unlikely since nobody actually touches the pizza because it's so hot it would burn them if they did and because it's so hot that it's heating the air and causing the air to rise up and away from it, thus any airborne bits of virus that may be around, which are extremely light, won't be able to even land on it as that rising hot air is more than enough to push the particles up and away such that they never land on it. 

Anyway, because of contactless delivery, because of how how the virus doesn't live very long on surfaces, because of the amount of time it takes to deliver food, and because hot food is always served hot enough to kill the virus, there haven't been any COVID-19 cases where the person was infected by hot food they've had delivered to them via contactless delivery.

That's why 

It should be safe hun.

I think it is safe to order a pizza.

You can order pizza, i’ve ordered pizza many times during the pandemic 

• denise

You can order any take-away / home delivery food.

I ordered a pizza and something like a calzone online from a national chain about 40 minutes ago and picked it up at their drive-thru window about 20 minutes ago.  My computer has antivirus software so I am protected.

• ?

i don't see why not if you order other fast food

Just wash your hands before eating it and wear a mask if you meet at the door 

I've done it plenty of times and I'm still here.

The CDC says delivery and drive-thrus are safe, even for people in high-risk categories. They say there is no evidence that links covid to delivery or drive-thru food.