What's the best way to get rid of a headache?

I've had one ALL day and could use some relief

All great suggestions... thank you all!!!!

Favorite Answer

It really depends on WHY you have the headache.  There are many causes and it usually helps to find the cause.

But, if you really don't know the cause - you can try using Excedrin Migraine.   If you don't have Excedrin Migraine available - you can "make" it by taking ONE aspirin - ONE acetaminophen (tylenol) and drinking a large cup of coffee ( or take a caffeine tablet - like "no-doze")  Excedrin Migraine medication is just a half a dose of aspirin with a half dose of acetaminophen and 65 mg of caffeine.)

Personally - this is always fixed my headaches - but - again - it really depends on WHY you have a headache.  (and I usually don't buy Excedrin - I usually "make" it by taking the aspirin, tylenol, and cup of coffee.

Have you tried a cold compress on the forehead?

I'd take a couple of doses of Tylenol and lay down for a while. If it doesn't go away or should you have a low fever with it, you might want to get tested for the Chinese Covid.

Take a good sleep for atleast 4-5 hours

To get rid of a headache, you can adopt various healthy tips like-

Drink tea

Drink coffee

Have proper sleep

Use OTC (over the counter medicine like Disprin, Crocin etc

• Mike G

There's a miracle drug available, over the counter. It's called Aspirin.

you could try drinking some coffee

That all depends on the cause of the headache.  If your glucose is to low you get a headache and if its too high you can get a headache.  If you are near a sourse of gas, such as propane leak or rotting food or poorly plumbed house allowing sewer gas back into the house through an empty water trap all these sourses of gas can give headaches.  Or you may tense muscles do to emotional stressors and the muscles once over exercised give off toxins that give you a headache.... And I'm sure there are more causes such as withdrawing a medicine or adding a medicine...etc....