Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Mom problems?

I’m nineteen years old, currently working and trying to save up to leave. I’m honestly scared to because I know my mom will get upset and speak down on me like an dog. Not only that she talks about how I’m dating someone four years older then me continuously tries to make everything seem like ever since I started talking to him I’ve been acting too grown. Which I know for a fact I’m not. She’ll call me out of my name and tries to hit on me, talk about me to my other siblings saying I’m a failure. Then finds a problem in everything I do like me planning on moving out or getting my job. She even got mad at me for wearing male boxers and said that I’m a disgrace. Keeps saying I’m going to have downfalls and basically thinks I’m not going to do well on my own without her.  Has anyone else had a mother like this? 

My specific concern?  Your writing "style" appears to indicate that you might be 19 physically, but your writing skills are sixth grade.  Are you employed?  My mother was toxic from the time I was born.  When I turned 18 I moved out of her house, into a furnished room, put myself through college AND an advanced degree.  It can be done.  I worked part time or full time (during breaks), took out small loans, used scholarships and grants.

Most adolescent girls have problems with their mothers like you describe, yes. It will be better when you move out. In the meantime, would you be offended if I corrected your English grammar mistakes?

maybe you should move out