Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Do people have to work in Heaven like they do on Earth?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope. Heaven is absolute and perfect happiness, peace, fulfillment, without our having to do anything.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Scripture says precious little about life and duties in heaven. 

• 2 months ago

There is work in heaven but it's not the same thing as expending time and effort in exchange for something.  It not a matter of "doing and having", but a way of 'being and becoming'.  In nature, a river doesn't "do or have" anything, as a result of anything volitional, but is being 'what it is' as a result of the fulfilment of it's potential to become a 'river'.  When the water dries up, the river goes on to serve another purpose.

In Heaven, we're positioned in our roles much in the same way, and serve all of existence as a consequence of what we 'are'.  The boundaries of a 'this-and-that', 'here-and-there', 'now-and-then', are irrelevant.  

• 2 months ago

What you wrote is more evidence for the idea that Christians like to make stuff up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jake
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It is the nature of God to work.  However, work in heaven is not tedious.  Instead, it is joyful and effort-free.

• 2 months ago

No. It was a very long time by the automatic control of robots. People lived by the laws of the universe.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A whole lot of ruling and reigning with Jesus, goes on in Heaven.

• 2 months ago

I'm trying to imagine a child who worked in a tin mine in Cornwall going to church and praying that he be allowed to go to Heaven and work in a mine,  twelve hours a day, for ALL OF F[intercourse]ING ETERNITY!

Are you SURE that would be HEAVEN???

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Are you implying that salvation needs an IT infrastructure and e-mail?

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.