? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

How did people live before cell phones?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They lived a slower, calmer and more relaxed way of life. Actually talking to people, not texting, writing letters in script or cursive if anyone knows what that is anymore. I always have a nice desk drawer of nice stationery for all occasions even perfumed ones! I don't rely on a phone.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They lived a hell of a lot better.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, back in the 70's and 80's, people actually gathered together to TALK to each other; sharing their experiences with each other, sharing their interests with each other, chatting about how their day went, etc. But ever since the smartphone was invented, that gradually became less and less common. Face-to-face communication is becoming scarcer as time goes on, and it's sad really

• chorle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There was actual news on television and we read newspapers and magazines some of them just as full of crap as Twitter and Parlar. 

We had to answer or phones on our walls before answering machines became affordable. 

We wrote notes and then put them on the refrigerator if we wanted our parents to know where we were going. 

We had to wait for things to be on the radio or television or later rent, borrow. or buy tapes or deadtree books of or about them instead of using a stream service like Sirius or Netflex or looking them up on Archive dot org. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They used pay phones, & they were much better than these iphones today, at least you were never in an accident because of talking on the phone.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Normally.                         !

• 2 months ago

People adapt to any situation. 

• 2 months ago

Very easily.....................

• 2 months ago

Read my autobiography....after I write it. Talk to your parents. That's easier. The cell phone is an electronic brain. Before that we used our natural brain. We evolved upward until the cellphone became dominant, then we started declining and devolving. There used to be public payphones that only cost a dime to use. They  were in a booth with a door you could close for privacy but always smelled like peee. The last payphone I saw had no coin slot, but required a credit card to make calls. It still stank. 

• 2 months ago

They didn't have them, so they knew no difference.

People did plan better in the past.  Since you didn't have that instant way to contact someone, you made plans to meet someone at a certain time.  If you needed to talk to someone, you called them on the phone at home, and perhaps left a message.

There were other ways to be in contact, without phones.  Have you ever heard of the CB craze from the 1970's?  People use the CB to to one another, for free.  These CB's could be in your house, car or even portable.  Along with that, Ham radio had radios that would work farther than CB's.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.