Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why would God set up the system of survival of the fittest, etc. (evolution)?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

God is the Great Gardener. He just willed things into being and then allowed it to grow. He has an occasional prune when the weeds need to be removed, just like any good gardener, but otherwise in terms of general ebb and flow He just let's things be. If you had a science degree you would realise very quickly why any other type of system is not actually possible.

Nice try at denial though?

The creation of plants & animals = evolution

The creation of man = evolution + the supernatural.

If you check the Hebrew and consider the name Adam you are possibly dealing with a name that means ~ 'made of or from earth' and Eve was woman - woman being 'of man' or 'taken from man'.

In terms of your evolutionary theory this actually fits in since man, according to science, must have come from the earth through various stages.

If an evolutionary scientist were to look through the original Hebrew scriptures and assess the different possible meanings of the words that are contained therein, since the language itself was somewhat limited at that point, what you might find is something akin to a text message written with predictive text which is why some of the translations for many things might not be 100% on the button.

I think I may have just realised why Adam existed for some time before Eve came into being and how that actually happened. Clue: I believe that 'Adam and Eve' were born at the same time but that Adam had possibly existed before this.

I am still working on it.

Thanks for the question and opening my eyes to a major possibility.

Even if you are an atheist trying to score points, yet again, in a fruitless pursuit of denial.

For believers: Adam was born perfect and without sin and existed before the fall which only came at the time of Eve, therefore Adam would have been sinless. This would necessarily have meant that when he died (that might be the literal meaning of him having fallen into a 'deep sleep') he would have immediately returned to his Creator. As a perfect and uncorrupted spirit he might very well have returned a second time but this time with a companion. Just a theory. So the world's first surname might have been Adam and Eve 'Hewn'.

This is one of those things in the scriptures which has proven confusing for believers. Adam appeared to have walked for some while before it was decided that he needed a companion and I just wonder whether this is where the story of Eve having been created from a rib taken out of his body came from, i.e. an attempt to try to explain this apparent anomaly. The original Hebrew scriptures do not support this magical creation they lean much more strongly towards Eve being supernaturally separated from Adam, perhaps just after the birth as he slept. I have actually witnessed something in real life which gives great credence to this theory. But if Adam and Eve were born at the same time that would invalidate the idea of Adam having walked alone without her. However, both of those things are explained by the fact that Adam was sinless and therefore totally unique to any other human other than .... Jesus and therefore a different set of rules would have applied to him than to any other who came after him. There is no doubt that Adam was created as an eternal being. 

In that respect, the theory of evolution and the creation of a new species comes into play. For a new species to exist the genetic code has to be locked therefore both male and female have to be born at the same time, i.e. created in pairs. But it is at that point, with human beings, that the supernatural enters the frame with that spirit of man or woman being breathed into that flesh by God.

In answer to your question there is also the possibility that it is a demonstration of exactly why man must have been fashioned by the Divine Creator to be superior to all other animals. Occasionally the earth has been cursed with people who thought they were stronger, faster, fitter and therefore more superior to all others but these were crushed for the sake of righteousness and truth.

So when the nazis, the Romans, the vikings, the Egyptians or any other of the war mongering village idiots tried to rule the world they were resoundingly thrashed into oblivion for their arrogance.

Let us hope that the world has learned it's lesson from those past mistakes and that no more war mongering village idiots with mottos like 'strength and honour' and 'my honour is called loyalty' or 'strength truth and honour' with any associated salutes ever appear again.

I have to agree with another answer on here that this has all the hallmarks of satan. After all, man was given a spirit of determination, self will, power, sound judgement and love .... not cowardice, fear and strength in large numbers lest he become an undesirable tyrant. Otherwise it's weeding time again. That kind of grass is not so sweet.

• 2 months ago

King James Version Bible

2 John Chapter 1

3. Grace be with you, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Mark Chapter 12

29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

• 2 months ago

Pray to Him it may take some time and you will get an answer. 

• 2 months ago

Scary huh. I figure because he gave man dominion over all animals. In order for that to happen there has to be a survival of the fittest system or else we would not be dominant. Who knows how that would work. Maybe amimals would talk and walk like us. Pretty weird to think about. There basically would not be any diversity. The animals would be man. And then what would we eat? What would plants eat? Would there even be any? It can't work any other way. Atleast we're human

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I couldn’t say it better than MNL evolution is a man thought up idea that excludes Jehovah as creator of the planet God made everything the Bible says so. He never intended on any thing bad it said everything He created was good but mankind was set over the work of His hands but screwed it’s up when he sinned therefore putting everything in chaos . Sin brought about sickness cancer disease death stresses of life every bad thing you can think

• 2 months ago

According to Genesis, God set up a world that was in harmony.  Even animals like lions or foxes were expected to eat greenery.  However, human disobedience set everything off-kilter, including creation itself, leading to conditions like "survival of the fittest".  God wants us to help the weak, injured, and oppressed, not to trample them. 

(BTW, I'm not saying that we shouldn't eat meat or use animal products.  That's a personal choice.) 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This very night you could close your eyes in death.

There is no survival. You are guaranteed to die. 

But you are also offered a way to be raised to life again. Why should any of you find it astounding that God raises the dead?

The Bible says Satan was cast down to earth. He had authority over minions of angels in heaven, and the universe was his playground. This world is like prison to him in comparison to where he was. During his rebellion he turned the hearts of the other angels against their Creator.

This begs the question… when they were cast to earth, did they lose their bodily forms? I don’t think so. They are eternal beings, and they had bodies in heaven… even beautiful bodies. Satan himself is described in detail. But angels that appear in scripture sometimes appear in the flesh, and sometimes in dreams (as with Joseph, Jesus’ adoptive father).

So what happened to their physical forms? God says in Genesis 3 that He will put enmity between the serpent’s (Satan’s) offspring and hers. Offspring. God uses the word offspring. So the command to multiply seems to have applied to Satan too.

I’m guessing at these mysteries. I am not claiming to have deep insight and understanding, nor have I had specific revelation regarding this - I’m just taking God at His word: reading them matter-of-factly.

Later in Genesis 6, these ‘sons of God’ (a word in ancient Hebrew that meant angels) saw that the ‘daughters of men’ were beautiful and married any of them they chose. Their ‘offspring’ were hybrids - very well known as the Nephilim. SO well known, that oral tradition and the written testimony about them didn’t need elaboration. Everyone knew about them…. they were giants.

For this reason I believe fallen angels originally had bodies of their own. These giants were considered heroes; men of renown. People worshipped them like gods, even sacrificed their children to them (at places like Stonehenge). They were pure evil... a good part of the reason why God flooded the world.

Eight people survived the flood 4500 years ago. 

One hundred years later, their offspring directly disobeyed orders to disperse and instead came together to build the Tower of Babel.

"Nothing will be impossible for them." God said...

So to slow technology (so we wouldn't kill ourselves off) He mixed up their languages and scattered them - also dividing the land. Gen. 10:25 and 11:8-9

I mean - can you imagine? Electricity has always existed... we just recently learned how to harness it. What would have happened if the ancient Egyptians had that power?

The people were scattered throughout the world - and we are all descendants of them. They took the stories of God, creation, the pre-flood people and world, and the stories of the flood with them. Ancient Chinese is a pictograph of Gen. 1–11. The word for 'boat' (or vessel) contains the number 8 for the 8 people that were on the ark. There are stories about these events found in every ancient culture around the world - 230 at last count. The pyramids found all over the world are replicas of the tower of Babel.

Look up 'Tower of Babel'... the site is still there. Then 'Noah's Ark TURKEY'... a tourist attraction since the 70's.

Minerals entered the tissues of plants and animals after burial in mud; under the forces of extreme pressure - everything fossilized and became stone.

The only reason why fossils even exist is because of the worldwide flood.

Trees like this one are found all over the world. They were buried upright during the flood. You don’t think it grew through ‘billions of years of rock’ do you?

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

Because he didn't.  Your question is a prime example of religion being an assumed conclusion. 

• 2 months ago

Evolution is a natural process. A god fairy was never required.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is almost as though he did not create anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.