pops out of gear when I go to speed up and switch gears?

90 honda crx dx model 5 speed. Whenever I go to speed up and shift gears too fast it acts like I pushed in the clutch or something. It's weird I can shift normally just fine but If I am giving it some gas to pass a another vehicle or I down shift a little bit so that I can speed up quicker its almost like it pops into neutral or something. Just got the car, been working out the bugs and then it started doing this. Not a big deal, as it runs and drives otherwise, but if you can help...it would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• F

I had this on a car just after I bought it. The garage ( a big U.K. chain for used cars) tried a couple of times to fix it but in the end it needed a new gear box. However, it did take a letter to the CEO before they agreed to stop messing around and just replace the whole gearbox.

Just got the car? 

I think the previous owner just sold his car, to get out of replacing the clutch! 

Have a transmission shop or mechanic check your clutch.

The clutch may be bad and is slipping.

The transmission could be gone (most likely) but it could also be an adjustment on the shift linkage

Purge it... ...

• Bill

I'm not sure what you mean by downshift a little bit.  If it's in gear, (and foot off the clutch), and you open the throttle and the engine speeds up but the car doesn't, the most likely problem is a slipping clutch.  

Gearbox is phucked.