Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 months ago

Why is my left ear having a hard time hearing?

I woke up yesterday and found out that my left ear was having a hard time hearing. I could still hear from it but not a lot. I tried using a ear curette to see if there were any earwax but it didn't help. (Yes I know that it is not recommended) I asked my mom to examine my ear and she said it was red inside. My guess is either earwax is stuck somewhere inside or an ear infection. 

impacted wax causes hearing loss

you need to put a few drops of warm olive

oil in the ear at night for three days

then go see a ENT doc to remove the wax

Your guess is as good as anyone's.  You can use an ear wax removal kit to soften and the irrigate the ear -- available at pharmacy and grocery stores.  OR, you can wait a day or two and see if things resolve. OR, have your mom call your GP and get in right way to see a doctor.  If you have an ear infection, you don't want to have to wait over the weekend while it gets worse.

You have been lying with your head facing to the left, which has pressed down ear wax. Poking things in will only compress it more. You need ear drops, or olive oil, inserted for at least 5 days to soften it up - then you may need to have it syringed.